cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Foy" <M1chael_...@msn.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon won't build: "could not find ant-launcher Java extension for this JVM"???
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:56:41 GMT
Use the build.sh script supplied with cocoon.  This will invoke the ant that comes with cocoon,
but first check for system wide ant configuration files in /etc/ant.conf.  If this file exists
and contains an 'ANT_HOME= ...' line then you need to add --noconfig to the
command line to stop the system ant configuration from redirecting the build to the other
ant installation.

  Hope this helps.

  Mike
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sandor Spruit<mailto:sandor@cs.uu.nl>
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org<mailto:users@cocoon.apache.org>
  Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:30 AM
  Subject: Cocoon won't build: "could not find ant-launcher Java extension for this JVM"???

  Folks,

  I've copied my compiled Cocoon distribution and app to one of our
  servers (Linux,
  CentOS 3), and get the following messages:

  /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: could not find ant-launcher Java
  extension for this JVM
  /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: All specified jars were not found
  org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher

  I am out of options here. What do these mean exactly - and how do I fix it?

  Sandor