cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: Cocoon check session id
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:08:16 GMT
Depends on what suits your purpose best. What I did was the following:

I used Flowscript to maintain the sessions. I never checked the validity of a session (that
seemed
impossible, but that might have changed in the meantime?), I simply called:

	cocoon.session;

This reactivates the existing session if still available, or simply creates a new one.

After this, you can set attributes on the session and store most kind of data in them:

	cocoon.session.setAttribute("name", obj);

You can also getAttribute("name") and invalidate() this way..

User id's can be stored safely in session attributes. Storing non-streamable objects in them
might
require you to change caching setting, keeping cache in memory instead of being able to write
it to
  disk..

HTH,
Geert

Angelo Immediata wrote:

> Hi all. Is possible with cocoon check if a session id is still alive?
> I must unteract with another application; i pass to this application the current user's
session id; after some times the flow comes back to my application and by using a web service
it passes to me the session id; i must check if this session id is still alive... is this
possible? If so... how can i do?

> Moreover... i have also the id of the user that used the other application, i must recover
from the session all is data... can i search in a way between all the session token the token
i want?