cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Increasing Cocoon Portal speed at stat-up
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:35:50 GMT
Carsten actually mentioned something like this to me at the GetTogether.
I suspect that this is due to using castor to convert your layout into
objects.  This happens each time a user logs in.  With such a large site
I could imagine that that could be a problem.  This currently cannot be
avoided, but with some more details about how your site is laid out I'm
sure we could come with a solution.  I would recommend opening a defect
in jira (when it is available).  If you also want to discuss this on the
dev list that would be ok too.

Ralph

Angelo Immediata wrote:

>Hi all.
>I'm using cocoon 2.1.7 and the portal block.
>I have the configuration files portal-user-anonymous.xml and portal.xml in the layout
directory that are at about 20000 rows; there are a lots of coplets and pags declared in them.
>Now i have seen that when i try to go to the first time in the page of my portal i must
wait at about 60 seconds in order to see the page; then when i try to log-in i must wait another
60 seconds in order to load the logged-in page.
>How can i avoid this feature? It seems to methat this is due to the fact that portal handler
must load all the coplets configuration... is it true? Can this thing be avoided?