cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: More than one lifecycle interface
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 05:17:07 GMT
No, but it makes sense since they each have characterstics that are
incompatible with each other.
SingleThreaded implies that the class is a singleton and is not thread
safe and should essentially be executed in a serial fashion (a huge
bottleneck).
ThreadSafe - the class is rentrant and can be executed by multiple
threads simultaneously.
Poolable - Each thread should get its own instance of the class and that
there should be a pool of them from which they are doled out.

Ralph