cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Configurable form / flow chains
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:09:53 GMT
Your application seems somewhat similar to what we are doing, but I am
not completely clear on everything you want.

What we do is have an application that manipulates our XML in a content
management system. The website can be accessed in several modes, some of
which retrieve the data from the CMS while production mode gets it from
the file system. The administrator edits the content and then pushes it
to "staging" where they can view the site as it would look live. If they
are happy the content is pushed to "live" - essentially it is just
copied from the CMS to the file system.

Cocoon is able to handle this easily. The mode is a characteristic of
the session so we can use a selector to get the XML from the CMS via the
http protocol or from the file system just by specifying the location.

HTH.
Ralph