cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: cocoon & catalogs
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:38:33 GMT
Hi Jason,

First of all, what do you expect to happen by referencing to a schema from an xslt? XSLT (1.0)
isn't
meant to care for DTD's and Schema's other that adding doctypes or namespaces.

Even the FileGenerator doesn't care for doctypes and schema references. If you want to verify
your
xml, you will have to start a validating process explicitly.

There was a ValidatingTransformer available in the community, I believe.

Besides, the catalog system is only for DTD's and usually not used for locating schema's.
It should
not be difficult to hook the catalog system to a URIResolver that is used for locating the
schema's,
but you will have to dig in Java code..

HTH,
Geert

Jason Dusek wrote:

> i would like to have cocoon look at a document like this:
>
> <layout
>   xsi:schemaLocation="space://layout schema://layout"
>   xmlns="space://layout">
>  <data/>
> </layout>
>
> and finds its schema based on this catalog entry:
>
> SYSTEM "schema://layout where/is/it/layout.xsd"
>
> what i've done so far is write my own catalog, and reference it in the
> cocoon catalog in context://WEB-INF/entities/
>
> -- jsn's stuff --
> CATALOG "/home/jsn/public_html/resources/catalogs/catalog"
>
> but this doesn't work at all - when i try to reference the schema in
> xslt, it just dumps all the text-nodes. where can i go for help on
> this? i've been searching the net for 1.5+ days and basically get a lot
> of specs.
> --
> _jason

Drs. G.P.H. Josten
Consultant

Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665  JZ  Bleiswijk
Tel: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
www.daidalos.nl

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van Daidalos BV en is

uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen,
verzoeken
wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.