cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: dynamic template matches
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 09:55:06 GMT
>>No, this gets worse, actually. You cannot use parameters or expressions
>>at all in a mode attribute. :-(
>>
>>And by replacing the expression by a string, you remove the dynamic
>>element again.. :-P
>

> Why? I mean the "xpath string" is still evaluated for a different xpath.
> Or do you need every xpath to be processed differently?
> If then make the difference by looking at your variable (which is static).
>
> Or did i get sth wrong?
> Christoph

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say, so I'll just explain the problems a
bit further.

You can use a literal xpath string in a mode attribute, but you will have to guess which xpath

expressions might occur if you want the XSL to be static.

Next to this, you cannot use {..} inside a mode attribute, not at xsl:apply-templates, nor
at
xsl:template.

You could use your method in a generated XSL, though, but then are you making things more
difficult
than necessary.. :-P

Cheers,
Geert