cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: multiple xpaths
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:23:41 GMT
Hi David,

Actually, it has. Sandor suggested to generate an XSL using the xpaths you want to match as
input.
As long as not every requests needs a new XSL, this will be fairly efficient. And though a
DOM tree
is being build from the input SAX events for the XSL transform, you do not need to bother
about it
and neither about converting it to SAX again.

It could be more efficient to write a XPath testing Transformer, but doing it without DOM
will
require you to put a lot of information into memory, parse the xpath expressions and match
each
event against the expressions. I have seen attempts in other languages and I cannot recommend
this
procedure, not for full Xpath support ;-P..

In short, I think generating an XSL is by far the easiest way and gives you full power at
the same
time. Let know if you need help on this...

Cheers,
Geert