cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "g[R]eK" <g...@bluebottle.com>
Subject Re: Can caching be forced?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:03:31 GMT
Ard Schrijvers napisaƂ(a):

>You will run into problems when the remote server does not respond in normal times. We
experienced lots of troubles for rss feeds. Better to define a cron jobs, writing every X
minutes the file to file system, only if the file gets parsed correctly. This assures your
front end not being dependant on a remote server..

What about asynchronous caching? AFAIR scratchpad block[1] from Cocoon
2.1.6 makes it possible, unfortunately it has been removed in 2.1.7. I
think the only solution is to do a checkout from 2.1.6 for this block
and patch some files (blocks.properties and any other?). Quite dirty
solution but it should work. As for cache: source all I can say I've
played with this for a while and had no problems, but never used in
production though.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_6/src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/

--