cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Messing, Elad" <elad.mess...@eml-d.villa-bosch.de>
Subject Best Practice - XML RPC results into the DB
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:39:19 GMT
Hello All
	I have a "Best Practice" type of question.
	I am using Cocoon as a WAF for my portal site. The data comes
from a DB, with Hibernate in the middle. JX pages are used to show this
data.

	Now - we will soon inject some data from a 3rd party DB into our
DB (this will happen once a day, over night). The 3rd party is providing
the data as an XML RPC (XML over HTTP - without the "web-services"
overhead) and my question is :
	Will it be a good practice to use Cocoon services to parse this
XML, build Hibernate objects, and save them to the DB ?
	Maybe I should skip Hibernate at all, and just parse the XML and
build SQL statements ?
	Or maybe I should just handle all of it out side of Cocoon ?

	Thank you all !

Elad Messing