cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kris Schneider <kschnei...@gmail.com>
Subject Public API for keeping a continuation alive?
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:36:22 GMT
Here's the usage scenario: We want a client-side timer to display a
warning when a user's session is about to expire. This is especially
important for forms that have unsaved data. Obviously, it's easy
enough to send an arbitrary request to the app to keep the HTTP
session alive, but how can the same effect be accomplished for a
continuation? Assuming we have the continuation's id, is there any
form of a public API available to "ping" the continuation so that it
doesn't expire? If it's of any consequence, we have configured the
continuations manager to use session-bound continuations.

Thanks for any info.

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kschneider@gmail.com>