cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Abbas Mousavi <abbasmous...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unicode Support
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:40:30 GMT
Yes FOP supports unicode, but it seems that it dont support right to left scripts or right
to left
layout. it desplays arabic or hebrew glyphs in reverse order (in generated PDFs) and arabic
or hebrew words in reverse order (in AWT view).

Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@d-haven.org> wrote:
On Thursday 27 October 2005 1:55 pm, Venkat wrote:
> Hello, I am Venkat and I am new user of Apache Cocoon. In one of the
> projects we are planning to use Cocoon to automatically generate PDF
> files from XML input and XSL FO page layout description.
>
> Can some one please confirm if this feature (XML to PDF conversion) of
> Apache Cocoon support generating PDF files in Unicode Support (Does it
> have unicode support..?) ? I see a jar files that support unicode in the
> distribution...!!!!
>
> I appreciate your help.

I can confirm it definitely. You do have to ensure everything in your
pipeline that might interpret streams is marked for UTF-8, but it works fine.

The biggest problem you will run into is font support.