cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Merging Pipeline Content into PDF
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:43:26 GMT
Hi,

I want to merge a static PDF into a PDF being
generated via XSL:FO and the FOP serializer.  I first
considered calling the "PDF generating" pipeline from
another servlet and then merging the output with the
static PDF in Java.  Unfortunately, I could not find
an efficient mechanism (the CLI appears to reload the
xconf...which would burden the request time and CPU).
Any suggestions on the best approach?

Thanks,
Julian

  I am currently using Cocoon 2.1.2 with Java 5 on
Tomcat.  Also, I was thinking of using iText for the
PDF merging via Java.

Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam