cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Perryman <bperryman...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError after moving to production
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:10:54 GMT
I've had a similar problem recently.

In addition to setting -Xmx, I believe that you should
edit the <store-janitor> block in cocoon.xconf,
setting the heapsize parameter the value that you set
in -Xmx.

Also (I'm sure that you already done this, but)in
production you can help yourself a lot by making sure
that XSP and sitemap reloading are turned off and that
your logging levels are at the lowest necessary level.

--- footh <footh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've done that, just before I posted my original
> message...or at least the Xms and Xmx values (and I
> set them to 512).  You actually can do it through a
> GUI in Tomcat 5.0+ if you used the Windows
> installer.
>
> I'm not sure what the -Djava.awt.headless=true
> parameter is, but I'll look for that in the Tomcat
> configure tool.  I won't find out for a day  if this
> works.
>
> Regards,
>
> JF
>
> --- Johnson <johnson@soho.club.tw> wrote:
>
> > set this CATALINA_OPTS = -Xms256m -Xmx256m
> > -Djava.awt.headless=true

http-207.142.131.2-80-Processor20/ErrorHandlerHelper:
> > > An internal error occured
> > > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: An
> internal
> > > error occured: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.JavaInterpreter.callFunction(JavaInterpreter.java:175)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invoke(CallFunctionNode.java:135)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:138)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:92)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:234)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:176)
> > > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:243)
> > > at
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:608)
> > > at

=== message truncated ===