cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: [CForms] Form not submitting
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:55:26 GMT
Yippee .

I always seem to find all problems in a product that have been solved in the
developer-release, but have not yet been released. At least this stupid
problem didn't cost as much time as a typical Eclipse GEF problem ;-)

Chris

  _____

Von: Philippe Gassmann [mailto:philippe.gassmann@anyware-tech.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. Oktober 2005 16:42
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: [CForms] Form not submitting

Christofer Dutz wrote:

Found the problem . it was a totally different one . I would have never
looked in that direction.

On my form I had one button for submitting with validation (simple submit
widget) and several other buttons for doing all sorts of stuff. As the
submit button is used for submitting I called it "submit" (pretty cool
Idea?!?) . well. It seems that Idea was not so good after all. When calling
the form.submit() in the forms-lib.js the js-engine sort of gets confused
with the element with the id "submit", which is a child of the form element
and the function submit which belongs to the form-object.

In the current SVN, cocoon developpers has banned the use of a submit widget
named "submit". It now throws an exception... and will save a lot of time to
users :)