cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "David Legg" <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: 'Hello World' for Cocoon component builders?
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:34:58 GMT
Thanks for all the responses.

Kai Mutz wrote:
> Check this:
> http://excalibur.apache.org/developing/index.html

Thanks for the link Kai.  As it happens I had already read that article and
it came closest to the sort of thing I was looking for.

> You have to define a Component as "the combination of a work interface and
> the implementation of the interface":

I saw this phrase on the web site and wondered at the time if it was the
key.  But the real clincher was the code snippet you sent.  Thanks!  That
brought it all together in one place in a way that the other articles
didn't.

My initialise() method is now sending a log message (strangely not at Cocoon
boot time but the first time I access the web app).  I think I can take it
from here.

Best Regards,
David Legg