cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "David Legg" <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Is Flow suitable for high throughput apps?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:42:26 GMT
I've noticed the current trend to use flow for everything (I've just
finished listening to the Bricks talk at the Cocoon get together 2005).

I think flow is fantastic, but I wonder if users would still be recommended
to use custom actions and business objects instead of flow when dealing with
high-traffic, non-stateful web pages?  The idea of all those continuations
being maintained by the server for a high-volume page makes me shudder.

I'm talking about apps like a search page where some arguments are passed
and Cocoon runs some business logic to return a results page.  It's tempting
to use flow to simplify the process of gluing the business objects together
but would that be a grossly inefficient thing to do in this case?

Regards,
David Legg