cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: How to *not* return a page
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:34:58 GMT
Christoph

Thanks for the links; the ScriptAction looks quite
promising - but the lack of docs or examples on how
to use it for specific situations makes it very difficult
at this point.  I would like to avoid XSP, though.

Derek

>>> christoph.hermann@guschtel.de 2005/09/28 11:10 AM >>>
Upayavira schrieb:

Hello,

>> Thanks for the detailed suggestion; I was hoping to avoid having to do
>> any Java coding &amp; was hoping there might
>> be a more "standard" way of doing this .... if not, where is the best
>> place to start learning how to code such a beast (the website has this
>> page:
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/actions.html which
>> seems a little "rough" round the edges)?
>

> Isn't there a flowscript action - allowing you to code an Action in
> javascript? Remember talk of it, just not whether or not it was
> implemented.

In the docs one can find a ScriptAction, but never tried it.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/actions/script-action.html

Another option would be an XSPAction.

Christoph

views of the CSIR.