cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to *not* return a page
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:06:46 GMT
Le 28 sept. 05, à 08:29, Derek Hohls a écrit :

> ...in other words, I am sending a request to the
> server to set a session value and the web page
> itself is "not interested" in the response and does
> not want to be changed in any way by the response....

The way to do this is to make an HTTP call from client-side javascript
using the XmlHttpRequest component, aka Ajax today. The server will
return a response, but your client can ignore it.

I have some (maybe old) links about this at
http://www.codeconsult.ch/bertrand/archives/000317.html

If the browser makes a normal request via a link or something, it has
to receive a response.

-Bertrand