cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Crazy stale content problem
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:30:34 GMT
Hi,

I've got a project running Cocoon-2.1.6, and I'm having this weird
problem...

There'a pipeline that looks like this:

     <match pattern="home:source">
       <aggregate element="page">
         <part element="source" src="content/home.page/source.xml" />
         <part element="feature" src="conten/home.page/feature.xml" />
         <part element="featured-events"
               src="cocoon:/calendar:featured"/>
       </aggregate>
       <transform src="xslt/site/home.xslt" />
       <serialize type="xml"/>
     </match>

The content from the "calendar:featured" pipeline is a rolling event
list that displays the next N events on or after today's date.  The
client sporadically reports that the home page becomes "stuck", i.e. the
  event list fails to roll forward.

When it's in this state, I can issue a request directly to the
"calendar:featured" resource, and I get fresh (correct) content.
However, even after this, if I issue a new request for the home page
(refresh in my browser), I still get the stale content!

Using curl to access the Cocoon port directly on the server shows the
stale content too, so that eliminates Apache from any consideration.

Any ideas about this problem?  In partucluar, does anybody know if this
is a bug that's been fixed since 2.1.6?

Thanks,
—ml—