cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos M. S. Bento Nogueira" <cm...@student.dei.uc.pt>
Subject Re: 4-tier architecture? - Question on control layer
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:29:16 GMT
It should be easier if  you think in Cocoon as framework that implements
the "pyramid model of web contracts" as stated in Cocoon developer's
Handbook by Lazlo Moczar and also on
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/introduction.html
The idea of confining cocoon with a 3/4-tier architecture is probably not
very accurate since the idea behind the MVC model is to break the chains
of the n-tier architectures. The more tiers you add, the more difficult it
will be to precisely define what is the role of each tier.
Check this article :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crystlmn/HTML/crconreportdeploymentscenarios.asp
for an idea about a 3 tier application based on crystal reports. Based on
this i would say that
http://cocoondev.org/xreporter/docs.html
is a 3- tier application.

Greets,