cocoon-users mailing list archives

From holger.willenb...@armacell.com
Subject Re: JasperReports / JFreeReports
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:21:53 GMT
Hi Yves,

I wrote a reader (which is far from being mature). It's not really
integrated into Cocoon.  Let me know if you're interested.

Here's how it works:

An entry in the sitemap could look like this:

<map:match pattern="myreport">
                <map:read src="report/classic.jrxml" type="jasperreport">
                        <map:parameter name="JDBCDatasource" value=
"jdbc:postgresql://192.168.1.3:5432/test"/>
                        <map:parameter name="JDBCUser"       value=
"<user>"/>
                        <map:parameter name="JDBCPass"       value=
"<pass>"/>
                        <map:parameter name="JDBCDriver"     value=
"org.postgresql.Driver"/>

                        <map:parameter name="custom" value=
"mycustomparameter"/>

                </map:read>
</map:match>

As you can see there's no connection between the XML created by Cocoon, so
the XML file with the report design must be present in the file system.
URLs will not work in the src attribute (because JasperReports won't
accept URLs). But it's OK to use with legacy reports. Nevertheless, you
can pass parameters from the sitemap to the report . If this is what
you're looking for, I would share the code somewhere.

I'd love to write a transformer for this, but since the XML processor is
part of JasperReport (using Apache Commons Digester) and also a part of
Cocoon, I couldn't find any "interface" where I could plug in cocoon the
deliver the XML.

Does anyone know about other tools which also use a GUI to create reports
and work with cocoon?

Regards
Holger

users-return-82075-holger.willenborg=armacell.com@cocoon.apache.org