cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: negate match
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 04:13:42 GMT
> Now I wanted to change it so certain pages are never served from
> the cache because they are dynamic. If I go the route you
> recommended I would have to write:
> --------------------------
> if ( live site request and one of the pages that we do not want to
> serve from cache) {
>     // No cache. Generate.
>     a lot of code right here that does the page generation
> }
> if ( live site request and cache copy of requested page exists ) {
>     serve cache copy
> }
> // No cache. Generate.
> a lot of code right here that does the page generation
> --------------------------

It's not an option to use cocoon cache?

how about pseudo like this:

match ** {
  action (isPageCached) { serialize from cache }

  generate {
   generate...transform....
   match cached / or an action to see if page is cacheable {
     serialize to cache and browser
   }
   serialize to browser
  }
}

like this, no need to keep same code twice..

Also resources are nice things to make sitemap things easier...

- Joose

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * joose@iki.fi * +358 44 561 0270 *