cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Boksa <benja...@boksa.de>
Subject Combining SQLTransformer and Paginator?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:10:51 GMT
Hi,

I am building a small pipeline to show the result of a database query.

It should display n rows at a time, even if the result of the query
has more than n rows. As the result can be very large (100000 or more
rows) it makes sense to use SQL's LIMIT m, n in my opinon. This
always returns a result with n rows.

The problem is that this doesn't work with the paginator as far as I
can see, as the paginator counts only the elements on the page, which
is always n when using SQL's LIMIT.

The solution I am thinking about is to use a SQL query which counts
the rows of the result (SELECT COUNT(id) FROM foo) and then generates
some "dummy"-row elements using XSLT to match up the number of the
total number elements and then use the paginator.

What Du you think about this approach? If there is a better way to do
it, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Benne