cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <at...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Antwort: Re: JasperReports / JFreeReports
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:35:51 GMT
>From: holger.willenborg@armacell.com
>Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:53:34 +0200
>

> > A quick thought - would it be possible to use the Fragment Extractor
> > Transformer to write out the (generated) XML for JasperReports into a
>file,
> > then point JR at that?
> >
> > Andrew.
> >
>Can you give an example how this Transformer would create a file? The User
>Docs and the wiki do not contain any valuable information.

Don't know really, as I've not used it myself (which is why it was just a
quick thought).  As I understand it, though, that transformer extracts part
of the XML stream into a separate file and replaces it with some ID that you
can use in conjunction with another pipeline to process that file.  Of
course, I may be mistaken...
Although it was obviously written to remove an SVG section and substitute an
IMG whose source is a pipeline that converts it to a bitmap, it seems to me
that it ought to be possible to e.g. have it extract your XML definition for
JasperReports, and replace it with an IFRAME that loads the output from your
reader (or, if not, it may be possible to adapt it to do so).  You're right
that the docs are poor,
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/extractor-transformer.html
doesn't even mention if there's any configuration or parameters that can be
used with it.  I guess you'll have to dig through the source instead :-(

Andrew.