cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Oliver Powell" <Oliver.Pow...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: Request to move IncludeTransformer into next release
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:40:05 GMT

Another question about the cacheable XIncludeTransformer. I assume the
Xpath parameter is used to form the cache key?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Johnston [mailto:cocoon@lojjic.net]
Sent: Friday, 16 September 2005 9:42 a.m.
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Request to move IncludeTransformer into next release

> Thanks Jason, it would be nice to use a standard-compliant include
> component. We'll look into it. All we really need is for it to include

> the EventValidity we place on our initial data generator step. From
> the comments in bugzilla, it looks like your patch will do this.

Yes it should, if I'm understanding your setup.  Any included source
that provides a SourceValidity will be added to the transformer's
aggregated validity, and all the pieces will be checked for validity
each successive time the pipeline is set up.

> Any indication when/if this will be committed to the cocoon src?

Nope.  But the committers generally seem pretty responsive to requests
for checkins, so if you wanted to add a comment to the bug asking for
some attention it might get the ball rolling.  I'd definitely like to
see it get committed too, though it hasn't been pressing enough thus far
for me to make a fuss.

CAUTION: This e-mail and any attachment(s) contains information that
is intended to be read only by the named recipient(s). It may contain
information that is confidential, proprietary or the subject of legal
privilege. This information is not to be used by any other person
and/or organisation. If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise us immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Do not
use any information contained in it.