cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: pipeline executing and actions
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:05:50 GMT
Hi again =)

This works in flow like this:

function example() {
  dao.begin();
  cocoon.sendPage("mypage");
  dao.commit();
}

but it would be nice to be able to do that simple thing in sitemap..

Also that "executing actions after serializer is done" would be
usefull to do thins like "log that everything worked OK". It would be
useful in some pay per click or something services, or whatever you
want to do after you are sure document was processed without errors.

Thanks,

Joose

Joose Vettenranta kirjoitti 15.9.2005 kello 16:08:

> To tell backgrounds of this:
>
> Currently I have like this:
>
> Action: create Collection from SQL
> jx-Generator: create XML from that collection
> transformer: sort result and do it HTML
> serializer.
>
> Problem is that if result is very very big, then Collection is very
> very big. So solution could be like:
>
> Action: generate SQL-query and sort it and just generate iterator
> for it
> JX-generator: create XML from that iterator (forEach
> select="iterator.hasnext())")
> transformer: xml -> html
> serialize
>
> problem is that that iterator needs to be inside transaction (begin/
> commit) to work.
>
> And of course I want to make XML to flow well, so I can't just do
> blocking operation and I want to keep levels simple so that I don't
> want to mix sql + xml together.. I could do that commit in jx-
> generator, but then it would not just be template for data.
>
> Maybe patch serializer to do like:
> <map:serialize>
>  <map:act type="foo" />
> </map:serilalize>
> <!-- this is never executed -->
>
> or <map:act type="foo" execute="documentStart|documentEnd" />
>
> Thanks, Joose
>
> Joose Vettenranta kirjoitti 15.9.2005 kello 15:41:
>

>> Hi again,
>>
>> I tested this and seems like that execution of pipeline stops at
>> serializer,
>>
>> so where to place that action to do sql:commit thing or do I have
>> to create CommitTransformer which just waits for endDocument?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joose
>>
>> Joose Vettenranta kirjoitti 15.9.2005 kello 11:25:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way to configure action to happen after XML-document
>>> is fully passed that action?
>>>
>>> basicly like this:
>>>
>>> 1. sql:begin
>>> 2. generator