cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rob Norman <...@harveyroad.org>
Subject XSLT includes and cocoon
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:18:57 GMT
Hi,

This isn't entirely cocoon-related but it's slightly relevant.  I have a
very long stylesheet that i'd like to split into several files.  I've
tried using the <xsl:include> tag to include the file but, even though
the files are in the same folder, it can't find them.   e.g.  I have 2
files in the same directory, page.xslt and html.xsl.  The page.xslt file
has the line

<xsl:include href="html.xsl"/>

but it doesn't run any of the templates in html.xsl.  I've even tried
specifying it as a "cocoon:/file.xsl" but that only causes an exception
in the java.net.URL class (bad protocol) which is understandable since
it's not using the SourceResolver.

If there's a better place to ask this question, please tell me and i'll
take it there instead.

Is there any advice you can give me, or should I just resign myself to
having a long and unweildy stylesheet?

Cheers,
    Rob.