cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Askild Aaberg Olsen <ask...@xangeli.com>
Subject Re: JXPath within cocoon 2.1.7
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:23:21 GMT
Sven Wontroba wrote:

>Hi
>
>I change to Xalan 2.1.7 and there is no change. (I just copied the
>xalan.jar file in the cocoon\WEB-INF\lib directory) do I have to change
>something else?

Did you remove the old one? I think I might be wrong on this, though...

>If I try to modify my context via the .getValue method I'm getting the
>following error line 33: uncaught JavaScript exception: at main xxxxx
>stating the line where I specify my xpath part,..
>
>I'll look further into the other recommendation to se if there is way
>to register a default namespace?
>
>I just started with cocoon so sorry if I'm asking strange questions,
>but I'm sure we will find a solution :o)

You do not have to register it as a default namespace. Just assign a
prefix of choice (e.g. "foo")  to the namespace and use that, e.g.
/fo:something.

Look at

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N5536.html#d6629e1012

for a clarification on default namespaces. This is on XSLT, but the same
should apply here.

Askild
-