cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: How to *not* return a page
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:20:00 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Is it possible to configure a match pattern to *not*
> return a page; i.e. I would like to make a call that
> will only set a variable (e.g. session value) - most
> probably via Javascript call in a certain page; the
> script should then continue to run & any or may
> not make another Cocoon call to display the actual
> page.
>
> I think this might be possible with flow script, but I
> have the impression flow must end with a call to
> a sendPage function?
You are right. Flow mandates the used of cocoon.sendPage*.

One quick solution though: Implement an action and then:

<map:actions>
   <map:action src="o.a.c.acting.MyAction" name="myaction"/>
</map:actions>

<.../>

<map:pipeline>
   <map:act type="myaction"/>
   <map:match .../>
   <map:match .../>
</map:pipeline>

myaction will be called before every match so it works much like a
function call (no pipeline side effects). If you want your matches to
work only if action succeed do it like this:

<map:pipeline>
   <map:act type="myaction">
     <map:match .../>
     <map:match .../>