cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Lutz <mat...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Minimum number of rows for repeater
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:37:26 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> <snip />
>
>A few weeks ago I had the same need/idea, and hacked together a max-size
>and min-size attribute for the repeater widget. If you want i can put it
>in bugzilla so you can see if it helps your usecase.
>
>If this is useful for other people as well we should nail down the
>behaviour and have a go at implementing this properly. Note that things
>might get a bit more complicated when you take binding into consideration.

+1 for doing this. I implemented this in my validation layer, which
returns error messages for wrong cardinality. This prevents the user
from submitting "wrong" data, but is rather a temp hack, as it would be
a much nicer GUI if the add or remove buttons of the repeater disappeared...

Why do you think binding could be a problem ? I would say, let in
everything that comes a long, if it's not enough or too much, display a
validation-error.

I am not an expert in CForms sources, nor a java guru, but if you need
help I could have a look at it... it's on my todo in the next 4 weeks...

regards,
tom