cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject [CFORMS] HTMLArea
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:46:47 GMT
Hi Guys,

I'm working a lot with Cocoon Forms on a daily basis.
For our CMS we've been using HTMLArea for quit some time now.
It works like it should, but there is are some nice features missing (IMO).

A few months ago I looked at Xinha (http://xinha.python-hosting.com/), but never
got the time to test and implement it. Xinha is based on HTMLArea (like many
other web-based rich text editors) and has a BSD license.

I'm wondering if somebody is working with it in production (with Cocoon) and why
we don't distribute it with Cocoon Forms.

HTMLArea's development is sort of discontinued (no activity, see
http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/ ) so maybe it would be nice to add
Xinha to the Forms block?

It would make a nice improvement to the Forms block I think.

What do you guys think?

Jeroen