cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wirz <michael.w...@abs.de>
Subject Re: Serializability of session using the auth fw
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:22:06 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Michael Wirz wrote:
>

>>Hello again cocoon users,
>>
>>I am using the authentication framework. It works fine -- but recently I
>>found some
>>messages in the logs which made me think. Auth fw stores an XML (user id
>>or the like)
>>in an Authentication Context. After having logged in cocoon tells about
>>java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
>>java.io.NotSerializableException:
>>org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.
>>I wondered if auth fw stuff is serializable.
>>
>>Thanks for hints on that topic!
>>Michael
>>

>No, auth fw does not support serializing sessions as (unfortunately) it
>even has to store components into the session.
>You can use CoWarp (which is included in 2.1.8) instead. It supports
>session serialization and provides similar mechanisms.

Is 2.1.8 released yet? cocoon.apach.org lets me download 2.1.7 only.
Is there a working example for CoWarp auth?

I'd really like to dig into it -- to prevent myself from writing my own
easy actions
modifying the session attributes in a very straightforward way (i.e.
setting a logged-flag
and user id, checking it, and removing it/deleting the session).

Thanks for your help,
Michael

--
abs IT Service GmbH