cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Urgent: Paginator breaks at a strange point; StringIndexOutOfBoundsException?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:16:50 GMT

Folks,

I'm seeing a strange StringIndexOutOfBoundsException right in the middle
of the Paginator:

	String index out of range: -1

I'm not capable (yet) of reproducing it, especially as we had a power
outage 30 mins ago, just as I'd nearly nailed it down :(

Maybe somebody has seen this before? The whole stacktrace is like 3
pages, relevant fragment refers (not-surprising) to String.substring:

Paginator.endElement (line 288)
 > Paginator.addPaginateTags (line 360)
   > Paginator.cleanUri (line 603)
     > String.substring (line 1411)
       > String.substring (line 1444)

It would also be a great help if somebody could explain what Paginator
does with the page numbering. It seems to fiddle with the URI to fold-in
references to other pages? It's kinda hard to see exactly what happens,
as my URI contains dozends of numbers (a continuation ID) :(

Any suggestion *very* welcome, I would normally try to figure this out
myself but, well, I'm in a hurry and could do with a hint or two :)

cheers,
Sandor