cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Java stream into pipeline?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:31:05 GMT
Gaston Martini wrote:
> Hi all
>

> Our problem is this: we need to embed a dynamically generated SVG chart
> into an XHTML page (also dynamically generated).
>

> THIS IS OUR APPROACH:
>
> We have an SVG chart in a java stream generated by Batik. We need to
> insert it into a pipeline and serialize it.
>

> In Java code:

Where is this Java code executed?  In flow?  A sitemap action?  Elsewhere?

> AND THE QUESTION:
>
> ¿How can we get the stream into the pipeline? OR ¿is there a better way
> to do it?

One possible approach might be to use the ModuleSource[1] in your
map:generate to access the XML using an input module.  If you can get
the InputStream onto the request as a request attribute then you can do
something like:

<map:generate src="module:request-attr:requestAttributeName" />

Or if you're coming from flowscript you can use the flow-attr: module. I
use this technique quite a bit.

[1]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/ModuleSource.html