cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Problems with fd:union
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:41:37 GMT
baskar.ganesh@wipro.com wrote:
> We are facing a problem with fd:union
>
> If we use fd:union then the fd:submit functionality seems to be not working.

What about it is not working?  Your example code did not include any
fd:submit widgets, so it's not clear what you're trying to do.

> One more problem is if we mention fd:group then it is giving the
> following exception
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingException: Unknown kind of widget
> 'group'

Are you able to use fd:group in other places, i.e. not within fd:union?
  If it doesn't work elsewhere either, then my guess is your xconf is
missing the component definition for the group widget (perhaps as the
result of upgrading from a release before fd:group was added?).  Check
that your cocoon.xconf contains the following:

   <!--+
       | forms's FormManager component
       +-->
   <forms-formmanager>
     <widgets>
       <widget name="group"
src="org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.GroupDefinitionBuilder"/>
     </widgets>
   </forms-formmanager>