cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Pietschmann" <dev.sen...@gmail.com>
Subject Session lifecycle listener in cocoon?
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:40:36 GMT
Hi there,

I want to write a class which does some sort of cleanup when a users's
session ends (via logout or timeout).

As I understand it I can write a class which implements HTTPSessionListener
and add it in Tomcat's web.xml under <listeners> and this should work.
(Correct me if I'm wrong).

This relies on the Servlet API and I have to change my Tomcat installation.
However I liked it more if I could add that SessionListener to Cocoon's
web.xml since our project CVS only contains Cocoon, not Tomcat. Is it that
easy to just implement the HTTPSessionListener Interface and add this
Listener to cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml?

Thanx,

Stefan