cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Memory profiling cocoon
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:51:48 GMT
Antony Grinyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone successfully integrated a Java memory profiler (such as
> JProfiler or YourKit) with Cocoon? I'd like to test the memory usage of
> a Cocoon transformer that is a Java class, but I'm not sure how I can
> get the a Java profiler to profile Cocoon transformers?

Yes. I successfully use Yourkit with Cocoon. See ":doYourkitProfile" in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/cocoon.bat to find out how to start
Jetty. Of course this requires a properly installed Yourkit (IIRC it requires
some native library in the system path).

With this setting you can the JVM access remotly at port 10000.

Hope this helps.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc