cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Hangs with OpenSessionInViewFilter
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:34:20 GMT

On Sep 6, 2005, at 4:17 PM, Dustin N. Jenkins wrote:

> That's exactly what I have actually.  I'm still not clear as to what
> C3P0 handles, but if I'm indeed using the data source as laid out
> below, and injecting that into my Hibernate Session Factory, which is
> then being injected into my DAOs, does it mean I'm not using C3P0?

Yes.

If I'm not mistaken, if you have top-level "info" logging turned on in
your log4j.properties you will see some dumpage when the connection
pool fires up if you are using c3p0... if you don't see that, then it's
not there.

Also — I could be wrong about this, but I *think* that if you want to
tell Hibernate to use c3p0, the c3p0.* properties need to be included
in hibernate.properties (or hibernate.cfg.xml using the standard
Hibernate syntax for properties in XML).

—ml—