cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: pipeline executing and actions
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:08:51 GMT
To tell backgrounds of this:

Currently I have like this:

Action: create Collection from SQL
jx-Generator: create XML from that collection
transformer: sort result and do it HTML
serializer.

Problem is that if result is very very big, then Collection is very
very big. So solution could be like:

Action: generate SQL-query and sort it and just generate iterator for it
JX-generator: create XML from that iterator (forEach
select="iterator.hasnext())")
transformer: xml -> html
serialize

problem is that that iterator needs to be inside transaction (begin/
commit) to work.

And of course I want to make XML to flow well, so I can't just do
blocking operation and I want to keep levels simple so that I don't
want to mix sql + xml together.. I could do that commit in jx-
generator, but then it would not just be template for data.

Maybe patch serializer to do like:
<map:serialize>
  <map:act type="foo" />
</map:serilalize>
<!-- this is never executed -->

or <map:act type="foo" execute="documentStart|documentEnd" />

Thanks, Joose