cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Lundberg <my.name.is.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use the XML:DB pseudo protocol instead - What does this mean?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:39:17 GMT
Hi,
that is the easy part!
For instance, with eXist, you could use:
<xi:include href="xmldb:exist:///db/discuss/cars.xml" parse="xml">
The xmldb:exist part is the pseudoprotocol. "exist" should be replaced
with the database you use.

/H

On 8/3/05, Philipp Bolle <pbolle@web.de> wrote:

> Hi community,
>
> I like to build an application with the XML:DB api. For that I will use the xmldb block.
In the classes XMLDBCollectionGenerator and XMLDBGenerator I found the following comment "Use
the XML:DB pseudo protocol instead".
> Does this mean that it is recommended to use XMLDBTransformer?
> If yes where can I find the missing functionality? So far I know the XMLDBTransformer
support does only create, delete and update. But how to query the database?