cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Transformer to wrap server connection with keeping context
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:01:22 GMT

J├╝rgen Hofmann wrote:

> With your experience: would you still do this kind of things with cocoon or
> follow a completely different approach?

To be honest, probably not. I used cocoon as an application hub,
connecting different remote services together through the pipeline
architecture.

> I'm rather impressed by the power and architecture of cocoon, and I thought
> it could save us quite some time; on the other hand we hardly have any Java
> know-how yet (just plenty of C++). I still believe it would be good for us
> to invest a bit in Java (most of the other techniques used in cocoon should
> be familiar).

I'ld say toy around with it for a bit to see how you find the learning
curve. There are quite a few concepts to grasp if you're new to web
development.

Regards,
Jorg