cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: RequestURI in aggregation page
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:52:38 GMT

Hi Joe,

On Aug 3, 2005, at 11:59 AM, jdwilliams@austin.rr.com wrote:

> Unfortunately, while what you suggest does work, it does not answer the
> question I asked, which is:
>
> How to pass the resource path of the request into an XML file,
> similarly
> to passing a session variable.

Well, you'd generate the XML from a template.  Using either the
JXTemplateGenerator or the Velocity generator, you can use the
${request} variable to get at the request URI directly, or you can pass
it in as a sitemap parameter and use the ${parameters} object to access
it within the template.

Or you could run the XML file (the one containing the cincludes)
through an XSLT transformer, using a stylesheet that substitutes from a
stylesheet parameter, before it hits the CIncludeTransformer.

I'm curious though why you don't want to do the aggregation in the
sitemap...?

—ml—