cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <antonio.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentication in Cocoon against MS-AD
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:07:40 GMT
Yes, you can user the LDAP transformer.

However, you may use two different approaches:

Approach 1: Do you already know the DN of the user trying to log in?
Yes: Use it as binding DN
No: You will need to first bind with a known user, get the DN for the user
trying to log-in, transform that again into a LDAP query, and reissue the
query with the right DN.

Approach 2: If you know the short name of the user (account name)@(domain
name) in our case, you can use it as binding DN even if it is not a real DN.
This is non-standard, and MS-AD specific, AFAIK, but it saves you some time.

--
Antonio