cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Arbogast <sebastien.arbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon and OpenLaszlo
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:12:36 GMT
> I see it also like that, cocoon is a MVC framework that handles easily
> multiples V, why not using lazlo for at least one of the views of the
> webapp ?

Exactly ! That could make accessibility go a step further : you make a
RIA V and for those who don't want or don't like Flash, you just make
an AJAX or plain XHTML one, without having to develop all the rest
again. Moreover, I think that OpenLaszlo misses a few features that
Cocoon provides, like i18n for example (their support for resources is
quite... simple), so we could translate lzx files before passing them
to LZX compiler.

The big problem I see with this collaboration is that performance is
already a big issue with Laszlo. So with Cocoon XML transformations
before, it could be awful.

--
S├ębastien Arbogast
Blog : http://www.sebastien-arbogast.com