cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: <script>, XHTML serializer and IE
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:10:43 GMT
Hi,

I normally put a space (&#160;) between the script tags in my XSLT. This is weird behaviour,
but I guess it's a browser issue and not a Cocoon issue.

Somebody posted this a couple of days ago on the cocoon-dev list as well.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112297476604059&w=2

Jeroen

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Aichholzer [mailto:gaich@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at]
Posted At: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:35 PM
Posted To: Cocoon User List
Conversation: <script>, XHTML serializer and IE
Subject: <script>, XHTML serializer and IE

Hi,

I have just discovered the problem pictured in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112297570819684&w=2

> Adding to this is an issue with IE and the <script> tag. I did not
> search the mail archive nor bugzilla, so maybe it is already addressed
> for the next release.
>
> The xhtml serializer will change
>   <script type="text/javascript" src="/bxs/3_0_1/bpc/boot.js"></script>
> into
>   <script type="text/javascript" src="/bxs/3_0_1/bpc/boot.js"/>
>
> This will break loading the JS in IE.

What can I do to prevent this?

I am using the following configuration for my XHTML serializer:

     <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml"
                     mime-type="text/html" name="xhtml" ppool-max="64"
                     src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
       <doctype-public>
         -//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN
       </doctype-public>
       <doctype-system>
         http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
       </doctype-system>
       <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
     </map:serializer>

If I exchange the above serializer with

     <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.exhtml"
                     mime-type="text/xhtml"
                     name="exhtml"
       src="org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XHTMLSerializer">
       <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
     </map:serializer>

it won't work either, plus FireFox shows the file download dialog
instead of rendering the xhtml.

Any help is appreciated, thanx in advance,
Gerald