cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antony Grinyer" <antony.grin...@csw.co.uk>
Subject XSLT transformation
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:29:12 GMT
Hi,

A have a simple sitemap entry as below:

<map:match pattern="listcontainers">
  <map:generate type="file" src="content/showsyscontainer.xml"/>
  <map:transform type="bdbxml"/>
  <map:transform type="xslt" src="style/xsl/containerslist.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

The generator is a simple XML file which is passed to a java class
transformer ( referenced as type="bdbxml") which returns XML results.
This all works fine if I use <map:serialize type="xml"/>  to simply
output the XML, however if I try to transform the XML output with the
XSLT transformer above I get an error:

>> Error executing pipeline.

>> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
>> java.lang.RuntimeException

I know the XSLT containerslist.xsl is correct as I've tried it against
some sample output XML in XMLSpy, but it appears that when I add this
XSLT transformer I get a Processing Exception?

In the sitemap.log it is reported as:

Unable to get parser: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Any ideas please? (for a Cocoon newbie)
Thx in advance,
Ant