cocoon-users mailing list archives

From André Thénot <andre-li...@thenot.org>
Subject Re: OT: Suse
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:19:14 GMT
On Aug 11, 2005, at 8:57, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Christoph Hermann wrote:
>
>> I didn't want to, thats why i didn't write it ;-)
>> Suse is, lets say "stubborn" in some cases, and very coloured and
>> "user-friendly" (imho).
>>

> <tongue-in-cheek>
>  Oh man, what a slam!  Something's user friendly--it must be bad!
> </tongue-in-cheek>

Following that logic, OS X is the worst unix (see mail header before
flaming)! ;-)

> Honestly, when something works well and you don't have to think too
> hard about stuff you shouldn't be thinking hard about--then its not
> bad.

Yup.
The tools that closely interact with the work you're building should
be highly configurable (because presumably you have the required
knowledge to understand all that's involved), while the utilitarian
tools should "just work".

Andre.