cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gal...@galin.org
Subject Re: XSP and JSF custom components
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:46:30 GMT
Hi Markus,

Thanks for your help. I've tried a few things, but no luck yet. Is there
any good documentation out there explaining how it works ? I've been
googling but haven't found anything on how to configure in cocoon.xconf.

I tried to follow the example of a tag part of the standard JSF component :

 <taglib class="org.apache.cocoon.components.ExtendedComponentSelector"
logger="sitemap.taglib.jsf.html" name="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">
 (...)
 <tag class="org.apache.cocoon.faces.taglib.html."
logger="sitemap.taglib.jsf.html" name="commandButton"/>
 (...)
 </taglib>

I don't get what the "class" refers to in both the "taglib" and the "tag"
tags. Searching for "CommandButtonTag*" returns this :

./webapps/cocoon/api/java/org/apache/cocoon/faces/taglib/html/CommandButtonTag.html

What's this html file ??

My component and its tag class (customComponent and customeComponentTag)
both live in the same package a.b.<class_name>, so I tried something like
this :

 <taglib class="a.b.customComponent" logger="sitemap.taglib.jsf.html"
name="query">
 (...)
 <tag class="a.b.customComponentTag" logger="sitemap.taglib.jsf.html"
name="customComponent"/>
 (...)
 </taglib>

("query" is the taglib-uri)

It's clear I don't know what I'm doing ...

thanks again,

galpi