cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: [GT2005] REMINDER: GetTogether 2005 Call For Participation - deadline in 7 days!
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:25:20 GMT
Arje Cahn wrote:

>Cocoon GetTogether 2005
>October 5,6,7th, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
>http://www.cocoongt.org.
>
>DEADLINE for proposal : Friday September 2th, 2005
>Proposals should be sent to: info at cocoongt.org
>
>In 6 weeks time there'll be plenty of Cocoon talks, hacking, food, beers, laughs - everything
you've been waiting for since you left Ghent on October 12th last year...

>We are looking for you to come on stage and talk about all things Cocoon. People who want
to present during the GetTogether are kindly requested to send in a presentation proposal.
Presentation topics will be screened for cluefulness, in the sense that we don't want any
commercial presentations.
>Introductory, tutorial-like stuff into new or advanced topics are much appreciated though.
Please send in your presentation proposal to info at cocoongt.org - see below for a template
to help you in filling out a proposal.

>GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
>
>Do not include proprietary or confidential material in your proposals.
>We will assume that you do not consider any material included in the
>proposals to be confidential. All conference presentations are
>vendor-agnostic and should focus on technology. Your proposal should
>contain the following information:
>
>1. Proposed title for the talk/session/debate.
>2. Brief outline or abstract of the talk/session/debate
>    * Please be as concise as possible.
>    * Please write in third-person context.
>    * Please list any prerequisite sessions or knowledge you feel is essential.
>    * Indicate, if applicable, if this is a beginning or advanced talk.
>3. For all proposed speakers, include: speaker name, title, company, address, email, phone
number, fax and website.
>4. Biography for the proposed speaker(s) showing relevant experience and qualification
to speak on the proposed subject matter (not to exceed 250 words).
>5. Primary contact/founder name, title, company, address, email and phone number.
>
>All speakers are required to submit copies of their presentations before September 21st,
2005.
>These presentations will be included in the conference notes. All presentations will be
made available after the conference in electronic (PDF) format.

>Arjé Cahn, on behalf of the GT 2005 organising team.
>
>----
>
>Hippo
>
>Oosteinde 11
>1017WT Amsterdam
>The Netherlands
>Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466

Speaking of the GT, I notice that the front page of cocoon.apache.org
still has a link for ApacheCon Europe, which is past. What about a link
for Cocoon GT?
Lars